Greg Magnus is a seasoned publishing entrepreneur, business consultant, and marketing strategist with 18 years of experience. He currently serves as president of AIM Custom Media where he is charged with helping clients develop results driven marketing campaigns as well as master blogging, social networking and Web 2.0 elements to achieve greater business success.
His diverse talents, technical skills and project management expertise comes from hands-on experience gained while serving a long list of small and mid-sized businesses as well as Fortune 500 companies such as GE, Xerox, Marriott, Southern States, Capital One and Olin Corporation.
And that’s not all. For example, his experience includes helping clients through the due-diligence process for the acquisition of multi-million dollar publications.
He filled more than 35 staff and management positions within 60-days for one client’s publishing operation while negotiating the purchase of new computer systems and office furniture. Concurrently, he demonstrated his multi-tasking skills and managed the development of sales, marketing, editorial, fulfillment, and customer service systems while training and managing the new hires.
As a result of the successful acquisition and implementation of management systems the company doubled the gross revenues from $4 million to $8 million. Moving forward:
- Hired by venture capitalists, he served as acting CEO of a Virginia Tech dot.com;
- He has negotiated contracts with multi-billion dollar publishing companies;
- Magnus has hired and managed marketing professionals, computer programmers, graphic designers, art directors, sales managers and publishers;
- He is a volunteer business adviser for Richmond SCORE; and
- He serves on national boards and commonly delivers board presentations.
He has served other clients: one as GM of an online publishing venture in the care-giving industry (Family Care America), another as an IT Communications Specialist (Capital One), and numerous others – Mr. Magnus is no stranger to diversity.
So it adds up to this: hands-on experience, hard worker, and high-integrity are the qualities you can count on. But why believe us – here’s what others are saying:
- Hunter Investigations (Owner, Holly Hunter): “Greg has a unique ability to integrate business trends and marketing strategies with creativity which has resulted in a rapidly increasing bottom line.” Hired as Business, Website & Marketing Consultant; Year first hired: 2007 (hired more than once); Top Qualities: Great Results, Expert, High Integrity
- AdviCoach Virginia (Owner, Larry Frank): “I learned a great deal from Greg — He was instrumental in establishing my internet marketing approach and the launch of my blog — He was easy to work with, did what he said he would do when he said it would be done — all while making it understandable and easy to use.” Year first hired: 2006 (hired more than once); Top Qualities: Great Results, Expert, Value
- The Salesman’s Guide Publications (Jim Desborough): “Greg is a take charge leader. Quick to understand the dynamics of the situation and make thoughtful and prudent decisions. Full understanding of technology and it’s usefulness in achieving corporate goals. Good assessment skills of personal, finance and logistics.”
- Mercedes-Benz Club of America (Director, Chuck Landenberger): “Greg Magnus has served as Regional Director, Middle-Atlantic Region on the Mercedes-Benz Club of America Board for the past year. Despite this short time-frame, Greg has contributed significantly with recommendations for improvements in the MBCA Website and the club magazine, The Star. His wealth of Internet and website development experience, coupled with knowledge of the publishing industry have served the club well. Also, Greg’s ability to make clear and concise board presentations and his interactions with other members have provided recommendations for board action. His knowledge and input are a valuable asset for the Mercedes-Benz Club of America.”
- The Salesman’s Guide Publications (Ron Cathers): “Greg has a talent for assembling professionals and organizations whose net results consistently crush stated goals and expectations. A master in professional networking, he has created positive results in every one of his endeavors through aligning the maximum values within individuals to output the best product or service. His creative leadership skills are without doubt, best in class.”
- FAASST Performance Driving School (Owner, Judy Faass): We have had the pleasure of working with AIM Custom Media for 1.5 years. In that time, our website hits have tripled and we have doubled our customer base.Our professional driving school began as a hobby, and with the assistance of Greg Magnus and his team at AIM Custom Media, the driving school flourished into an extremely viable national business overnight. AIM is thoughtful, caring and uses proven marketing tools and processes to move companies forward professionally.
In addition to assisting us with our website development needs, AIM spent time educating us on other valuable marketing tools such as database management and professional marketing techniques. AIM was successful in establishing new marketing and networking relationships for our company, enabling the school to steadily increase its national exposure.
Thank you for helping us deliver an exciting service to the driving and racing school market place. With your assistance, we are now able to help our customers turn their dreams into reality.
FAASST Performance Driving School, Inc.
In closing, what he did yesterday is far less important than what he can do for you today. So, when the ball is in your court and you need a team player that can get the job done, give us a call.
References are available upon request.